Graduate students can apply for a bursary to do a Masters or Doctorate post graduate degree at an approved South African university.
- Applications open on 1 August and close on 30 September.
- Applications are for a study grant for the following academic year.
- All bursaries are granted for one year only. Applicants must reapply for each successive year.
- All applications must be submitted online. Posted applications will not be considered.
- Once submitted, the application is checked to ensure all required information has been provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The applications are submitted to the Board of Trustees of the Ernst and Ethel Eriksen Trust.
- Applicants are informed of the status of their application towards the end of December.
- The amount awarded will not exceed R20 000 for the proposed year of study.
- Payment of study grants for those successful applicants is made directly to the university where the applicant has indicated he/she will be studying.